Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Child size Peacock Hat Pattern

So I recently made a Peacock crochet hat for my cousin. When I originally got this request I didn't know what to do so I found a couple of pictures online but no patterns. Eventually I found a picture that my cousin liked but again, no pattern, so it was up to me just go kind of figure it out. So this is my weak attempt at trying to write a pattern and share what I did. It's basically just a basic beanie with the feathers attached.

Materials: Loops and Threads Charisma yarn in Sunny Day(available at Michaels Craft Stores)
               Peacock Feathers( I found mine in the floral section at Michaels Craft Store)
               H/5.00 mm Crochet hook
               optional: button 

Pattern: 

Chain 3
Round  1: 12 DC in 3rd chain from hook, join with a slip stitch
Round 2: Chain 3, DC in same spot. 2 DC around, join with a slip stitch
Round 3: Chain 3,* 2DC in Next stitch, DC in next stitch* repeat from * to * around, join with slip stitch
Round 4: Chain 3, *2DC in next stitch, DC in next two stitches* repeat from * to* around, join with slip stitch
Round 5: Chain 3 *2DC in Next stitch, DC in next 3 stitches* repeat from * to * around, join with slip stitch
Round 6: Chain 3 *2DC in next stitch, DC in next 4 stitches* repeat from * to * around, join with slip stitch
Round 7: Chain 3 *2DC in next stitch, DC in next 5 stitches* repeat from *to* around, join with slip stitch
Round 8-14 Chain 3 at beginning of each round and DC all the way around, join every round with a slip stitch
Round 15: SC all the way around, fasten off



When I was finished I arranged the peacock feathers on the hat and sewed them on. I sewed a button over the stitches to hide them. You can attach them however you want for your liking. 

Hat is now complete :)

If you have any questions on this pattern please let me know as this was my first pattern  that I have written down.

No comments:

Post a Comment