Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Introduction/rambling/ that kind of stuff

It doesn't matter how much thought you put into the presentation, introduction blogs are just awkward. It's like what can I say about myself to make you keep reading. I'm not interesting, or intelligent, I don't have a neat skill...in fact, the skill I will blog about most(crochet) is one that thousands of other people will blog about. There is nothing I can say that will set me apart, but regardless, I like to talk and I like to share the small snips of cool/ interesting things in my life. So here it goes....

I'm Jordan, and I'm a 20 year old college student studying Children's Ministry. The name of my blog comes from two things: My love for Jesus and my love for Crochet, both of these things are a major part of who I am. The word chosen comes from the verse 1 Peter 2: 9-10 which says, "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people but now you are God's people; Once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." This verse is a great reminder to me that I'm God's chosen child and he has shown me great mercy and I am who I am because of Jesus. The second part of my name is pretty obvious, it' stitch, because well as I mentioned before, I crochet. I'm not talking about a little crochet though, I'm talking about like a lot of crochet. I'm actually working on a hat right now in between the sentences I type. So here's a disclaimer now, if the sentence I type goes off track from the sentence before there is a good chance I was probably crocheting something while blogging. Jesus and crochet are a big part of me but I constantly surprise even myself by some of the crazy things I decide to do. I'm always finding some DIY project to do or coming up with some kind of experiment in the kitchen( I love to cook! and my experiments in the kitchen pretty much rock). I'm pretty much a potpourri of different things and I'd love for you to journey with me through life, crochet, and the crazy stuff I come up with!



No comments:

Post a Comment